Please review these guidelines before completing the application form.
To be considered for the award, you must be
- A resident Canadian Citizen or landed immigrant
- Have significant financial needs, as demonstrated by the application and supporting documents.
- The Foundation office must receive applications on or before the due date. If the date falls on a weekend, the deadline is extended to the following Tuesday. Late applications cannot be considered.
- Applicants must be accepted and enrolled in a post-secondary institution to qualify for scholarship monies. Proof can be supplied after the application has been accepted.
- All applicants are required to complete the scholarship application online and include all the required documents as listed. Alternatively, complete an application and print the supporting documents and send or deliver to:
Sarnia Community Foundation, 109 Durand Street Sarnia, ON N7T 5A1
Or email: [email protected]
- An email acknowledging the receipt of the completed application will be sent.
- All applications that include the requested material and meet the guidelines outlined above are forwarded for consideration to the Scholarship Committee.
- The committee recommendation is sent to the SCF board, whose decision is final. Those applicants that are declined are informed by email.
- Successful applicants will be informed by email with payment to follow and should be available for photos, interviews or any other promotional activities as arranged by the Foundation
Should the application be successful, SCF will require the recipient to provide express consent to publish their name and photograph in print or on social media managed by SCF. Exceptions may be made under certain circumstances. SCF will confirm this in writing at the time of the presentation. All other information will remain confidential.
All Scholarship recipients must provide the Foundation with their full legal name and Social Insurance Number. This information is required for audit purposes, and the issuing of a T4A is required by law.