Community Impact Grants
Community Impact Grants are made annually from the income our endowed funds earn and are based on project impact, number of people served, the geographic range of the project and the funds available. The Community Fund and some Donor Advised and Designated Funds are used to make these grants. Each application is carefully reviewed by a volunteer Grant committee that makes recommendations for the grants to the Foundation Board.
In supporting projects, preference will be given to innovative ideas and initiatives which:
- Improve the quality of life for the residents of Sarnia and Lambton County. Quality of life includes all aspects of life: health, education, social services, arts, culture, recreation and the environment
- Address critical community needs
- Demonstrate innovative or interdisciplinary approaches
- Strengthen the community’s capacity to care for itself
- Encourage networking and collaboration among organizations
- Develop local leadership capacity
- Reflect diversity and inclusivity
- Emphasize prevention rather than remediation
- Provide leveraging possibilities for both the applicant and SCF
Community Impact Grants are awarded for definite purposes identified in the grant application. Pilot or demonstration projects must include provision for evaluation and a realistic plan for financial viability beyond the pilot stage.
The deadline for applications is April 30 of any calendar year unless that is a weekend date. In that instance the deadline will be the weekday before the deadline.The application process is now closed for 2017.
For information related to the application and application process, contact the Foundation office at 519-332-2588.
Donor Advised Grants
Some of our donors have established funds that are allow them to direct grantable income associated with their fund to specific charities or projects in the community. We're always interested in hearing about community needs and are happy to provide our fund holders with information about projects and programmes that might interest them as they make their decision. These grants are made throughout the year and the Foundation Staff would be happy to advise you whether your project might be eligible.
Petrolia Community Fund
The Petrolia Community Fund Grant process is now open. The grants are given to organizations that are focused on improving the quality of life in the greater Petrolia area. Quality of life includes all aspects of the arts, culture, education, the environment, health, recreation and social services and issues affecting the community.
A separate grant application has been posted..
For further information on the grant process for Community Impact, Donor Advised and Petrolia Community Fund Grants please call 519-332-2588