Joanne Klauke-LaBelle (JKL) Memorial Scholarship was created in memory of a woman who devoted her life to the youth. She created an environment that was free of judgment and with a mission to create harmony in ourselves, each other, and the world we live in through the power of the arts – especially music. Joanne strongly believed in volunteering and more particularly, believed in “paying it forward”. She passionately tried every day to make a difference and asked that those around her did the same. Joanne created a legacy of love and music for youth in the communities of Sarnia and Lambton County. This scholarship is intended to help those individuals intending to pursue the performing arts or visual arts as a field of study.
Please review these guidelines prior to completing the application form.
To be considered for the award you must
- Be a resident of Lambton County and a Canadian citizen or a landed immigrant
- Have volunteered at least 80 hours within the last four years.
- Be committed to the idea of paying it forward.
- Have graduated from high school with an average of at least 70% for all Grade 11 and Grade 12 courses.
The scholarship is awarded upon proof of enrolment in a post-secondary educational programme focused on the performing arts (drama, music, or dance) or visual arts. The JKL Scholarship Committee will determine whether the field of studies qualifies as performing arts or visual arts.
- All applicants are required to complete in full the scholarship application form and include all required documents as listed. The completed application and supporting documents must be completed online or be sent or delivered to:Sarnia Community Foundation, 109 Durand Street Sarnia, ON N7T 5A1
DEADLINE: April 11th of any year.
- A letter or email acknowledging the receipt of the completed application will be sent.
- All applications that include the requested material and that meet the guidelines as outlined above are forwarded for consideration to the JKL Scholarship Committee for their review.
- A meeting with the JKL Scholarship Committee may be required.
- Successful applicants will be informed in writing with payment to follow the recipient’s educational institution. The recipients should be available for photos, interviews or any other promotional activities as arranged by the Sarnia Community Foundation (SCF).
- The decision of the JKL Scholarship Committee and the SCF Board is final. Those applicants that are declined are informed in writing.
For more information contact the Grants Administrator
Phone: 519 332 2588 E-mail: [email protected]
PLEASE NOTE: By signing the application the applicant gives SCF permission to publish their name should they be the recipient. All other information will remain confidential.