The Foundation is committed to being a leader in supporting and valuing the diversity of the people, organizations, and communities we serve. Valuing diversity is recognizing and respecting human differences and similarities. The Foundation is committed to employment and volunteer diversity. All employment decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, employee development decisions such as training, and all other terms and conditions of employment and all volunteer recruitment activities will be made without regard to race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, physical and mental disability, age, ancestry or place of origin. The Foundation will endeavour, where feasible, to eliminate systemic barriers to advancement and/or redress the under-utilization of designated groups. Everyone at the Foundation has a role to play in supporting our commitment to diversity and employment equity. Each employee and volunteer, regardless of position, is responsible for applying the Foundation’s Workplace Diversity Policy on an ongoing basis. Each employee and volunteer is expected to treat others with dignity and respect and in a fair and non-discriminatory manner in all Foundation related activities.
Recruitment and Selection: The Sarnia Community Foundation is committed to the principles of the Ontario Human Rights Code by employing the most qualified person without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or handicap
The Sarnia Community Foundation, a philanthropic organization accredited by Imagine Canada, serves the City of Sarnia and County of Lambton through its mission of granting to community charitable causes by growing and managing funds that will make a difference forever.
The Sarnia Community Foundation seeks an Executive Director who will build on the Foundation’s role of connecting people and building community good for all.
The Executive Director is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission through strategic planning and development of relevant initiatives. He/she/they will serve as an ambassador and advocate for the organization, demonstrating a strong ability to raise community awareness of, and build on, the Foundation’s four decades of success.
Candidates for the Executive Director position will possess the talent to inspire individuals and organizations to engage with the Foundation, connecting donors and philanthropic entities with community needs via the power of informed giving.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will posses the financial and business acumen to provide oversight of the organization, including:
- Achievement of investment growth targets and increased community awareness and participation
- Management of approximately $12 million of investments in endowed and flow-through funds, working with a volunteer committee and professional advisors;
- Awarding of annual grants in excess of $800,000 to over 70 agencies;
- Development and implementation of 5-year strategic plan;
- Partnership and fund development, and donor stewardship;
- Coordination of marketing and social media programs and special events;
- Governance, board administration and support;
- Management of business operations including legal/financial reporting and supervision of Office Administrator and 100+ community volunteers.
Qualified candidates will have demonstrated:
- Proven leadership, preferably in a senior role, in a not-for-profit or for-profit entity with a successful track record as a sales and/or business development leader, achieving positive results developing prospects and closing opportunities;
- Execution of a strategic plan and attainment of results;
- Strong operational expertise and relationship management skills;
- Ability to communicate with and inspire others to partner to achieve the mission of the organization.
This position offers competitive remuneration commensurate with experience, some flexibility of hours and work-from-home opportunity.
Current Work Location: 110-560 Exmouth Street, Sarnia, ON N7T 5P5
Work Location as of Jan 1, 2023: 109 Durand Street, Sarnia, ON N7T 5A1
The Sarnia Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please indicate in your application if you need any accommodations for the interview process. For immediate consideration, please send a letter of introduction and current resume in confidence to:
Sarnia Community Foundation
Attention: Board Chair
Deadline for applications: Friday, August 5, 2022