In honour of the late Brian Fox, the Ontario Sugarbeet Growers Association (OSGA) established the Brian Fox Memorial Agricultural Scholarship. Brian Fox, who passed away in 2013 was a well-respected Chatham-Kent farmer, community leader, innovative businessman, and the founding Chairman of the OSGA. The Sarnia Community Foundation manages the scholarship fund on behalf of the OSGA. The Sarnia Community Foundation must receive ALL applications by the posted deadline-November 30th of any given year.
The scholarship guidelines are listed here for prospective recipients to review before completing an application form.
You must …
- Have been accepted into an accredited college or university agricultural programme OR already be enrolled and attending an agricultural programme. Your academic record will be considered as part of the application. Students interested in applying must have a minimum GPA requirement of 2.7 or a high school average of 70% in the top 6 senior classes.
- Be a resident of Chatham Kent or Lambton County.
- Be able to demonstrate active involvement in the agricultural community.
- Have significant financial needs, as demonstrated in the application document.
- Scholarships are awarded on the understanding that the funds will be used to cover the cost of attending a program of study and may be directed to the academic institution if requested by the winner.
- By signing the application, the applicant agrees to the expectations of scholarship recipients and gives the Sarnia Community Foundation and OSGA permission to publish their name, photo and program. All other information will remain confidential.
- Candidates must present bank statements and income tax returns to support their application.
- Recipients must be available for photos, interviews or any other promotional activities as arranged by the Scholarship Committee (e.g. award ceremonies, media interviews, etc.)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 4 pm- November 30th, 2023
If the 30th is a weekend day, then the deadline is extended to the first business day following
AWARDS will be presented at the OSGA annual meeting in February or March of the following year
For more information, contact:
Sarnia Community Foundation 109 Durand Street Sarnia, ON N7T 5A1
Phone: 519-332-2588 or
Email: [email protected]
Please Note: Should you be selected as a scholarship recipient, you will be required to provide the Foundation with your full legal name, date of birth and your Social Insurance Number as the Sarnia Community Foundation issues T4’s to scholarship winners. This information is required for audit purposes at the Foundation and will only be used as required by the distribution of scholarship funds. This must be received prior to funds being released.
The application consists of three parts, personal information, an essay and financial overview. You will also need to provide a transcript to verify your academic standing. Incomplete applications will not be assessed.