The Scholarship guidelines listed here are for prospective recipients to review prior to completing the application form. The scholarships awarded will support doctors or nurse practitioners currently in an educational programme leading to a license to practice in Ontario who have indicated an intent to practice in Lambton County.
Number and Value of the award(s) – To be determined annually and subject to both market conditions and donor advice.
Level One- For students in the first years of medical study
Level Two- For students entering their final year of study
Level Three – For students in a residency programme
The candidate must:
- Complete the application that follows
- Be attending a recognized school of medicine, completing a residency programme after graduation or be attending a programme leading to certification as a nurse practitioner.
- Submit a detailed resume.
- Provide a copy of the most recent academic transcript and two academic references.
- Provide a letter of intent indicating their ideal practice environment and their commitment to practice in Lambton County.
- Identify what level of award they are applying for.
The completed application and supporting documents must be sent to:
Sarnia Community Foundation, 109 Durand St, Sarnia ON N7T 5A1
DEADLINE: March 1st of any calendar year
( if the 1st is a weekend day then the deadline is moved to the following business day )
For more information contact the Grants Administrator
Phone: 519-332-2588 E-mail: [email protected]
- The Award may be renewable.
- Scholarships are awarded on the understanding that the funds will be used to cover the cost of attending a programme of studies and may be directed to the academic institution if so requested by the winner.
- By signing the application, the applicant agrees to the expectations of scholarship recipients and gives SCF to right to publish their name and photograph. All other information will remain confidential.
- Recipients must be available for photos, interviews or any other promotional activities as arranged by the scholarship committee (e.g. award ceremonies, media interviews, etc.)
- Preference may be given to those applicants who have been resident in Lambton County prior to beginning their studies.